UPDATE: 24th March 2020
The clubhouse and course are now fully closed until further notice following the Government advice. Stay home, stay safe, save lives.
20th March 2020
The Coronavirus impacts every person, town and every business. So we think it is important to share some procedures we have put into place to try and keep members, visitors and staff safe.
- Pins: please do not touch the pins, leave them in the hole
- Bunkers: please do not touch the rakes, all bunkers have been marked GUR so you don’t have to play out of them
- Competitions: because of the restrictions above, all competitive golf are cancelled for the foreseeable future
- Hole cups: we have been advised to turn the cups up side down to limit exposure to the cup. This may affect putting for a while.
- Playing groups: we would recommend that you stop playing in 4s and go in 2s as much as possible. This is to reduce the amount of people gathering around the tee. So while one player tees off, the other stays on the side. With 4 or 3 players, the players not teeing off will congregate, which goes against the specialist advice.
England Golf have issued a set of Guidance for Golf Clubs and golfers. Please click here for more information.
From Friday 20th March, the bar area and simulator will close. We will have the reception and changing rooms open (used to wash hands, not to change shoes). Members can still keep their bags in the lockers. We are planning on keeping the clubhouse open from 7am to 6pm, later when we go into the summer.
We have also shut the shoe cleaner, which players handle one after the other. So please change your shoes in the car park before coming into the clubhouse.
These are very worrying times for everyone. The Club’s Staff and Directors will do all they can to keep the course and the clubhouse going. I am sure that our Members will appreciate this is an exceptional situation and will behave appropriately and be patient with the course recovery after this terrible winter.
I look forward to seeing you again very soon. Please stay safe.
Eric and the whole team at Chartridge Park Golf Club