UPDATE: MONDAY 15TH June 2020
• The Pro-Shop has re-opened – please follow signs and guidance at the club.
• The toilet facilities are now open for you to use, please follow signs and guidance at the club.
UPDATE: WEDNESDAY 3rd JUNE 2020
• Following the ease of the lockdown from the government you can now play in 3 & 4 balls even if you are from different households.
• From Wednesday we are opening up the course so you can play 18 holes.
The rest of the below rules and guidelines are still in place. The clubhouse still remains closed for now and please do not turn up until 10 minutes before your tee time.
Everyone at CPGC
UPDATE: TUESDAY 12th MAY 2020
• 1 or 2 balls only, you can play with 1 person from your household or you can play with 1 person from outside your household. In order to keep everything flowing, we would rather keep it all to 2-balls.
• For the next few days, while we get used to the new system, we will ask that people play 9 holes. As soon as we see how busy the club is, we will organise it all to be 18-hole again.
• For now the first tee time will be 8am, off 1st tee. 10th tee from 9am (the team need time to get the course ready, and with have a reduced team on health grounds)
• Last tee time will be 4pm for the time being.
• WE WILL OPERATE A BOOKING ONLY SYSTEM, PLEASE EMAIL ME TO BOOK YOUR SLOT AND LET ME KNOW THE NAMES IN YOUR 2-BALL. Do note that internet bookings are now disabled.
• Bunkers: all rakes are out. Drop out if you wish, drop in if you wish… just enjoy yourself for now. When competitive golf comes back (not this month!), the Committees and I have already set clear procedures, but one step at a time…
• Flags: DO NOT TOUCH THE FLAGS
• Holes: Cups are upside down, but we will soon fill them with foam so that the ball does not fall too deep down.
• Ball washers: they are all out of action, please do not touch
• Bins: we tried to remove the lids, but the rubbish flies off everywhere. Because we do not wish to turn our course into a dump, please take any rubbish home.
• When you are playing as a 1-ball, please do not hit various balls. Also, do not pair up with another 2-ball.
• To reduce to a minimum the possibility of coming in contact with others, we will block every other space.
• The ramp going towards the reception area will be to go up only (it has been marked). You can then use it to go to the 1st or 10th, while you will come off 18th or 9th straight to your car.
• Going forward, we will make a greater use of the app, including the scorecard. When competitive golf comes back on the radar (not for a while yet), the app will be a key facility. Please download as follows (or on the app Store):
• Through the app, we will be able to send notifications and update everyone on what is going on.
• The app will also give you easy access to the booking system and top up your levy card, when the clubhouse reopens (it will help reduce traffic through the clubhouse)
Buggies / trolleys:
For the time being, there will be no hire of buggies or trolleys. We need to get organised to be able to sanitise them after use. We will start allowing buggies later on with medical certificates. Please note you can use your own trolleys.
Until further notice, the clubhouse will remain closed. It needs to be made safe for Members as well as staff. There will therefore be no toilets until the clubhouse is ready. Hand sanitiser will be available outside the main entrance.
Only visit the club if you have a booking.
Please do not arrive at the club more than 10 minutes before your tee time. You will then be able to have a quick putt before teeing off. We will only have 4-holes on the putting green, with a maximum of 4 people on it at any time.
If you are not playing with a member of your Household, please remain 2m away at all times.
Please do not touch the pins. The cups are still upside down for now, but we will soon have foam at the bottom when we get going. We have removed the rakes in bunkers, so please use your feet or club to smoothen the surface. The shoe cleaner is also disabled. Ball washers have all been covered. We have left bins for now, but took the covers off. If we find the litter goes everywhere, we will remove bins altogether.
Please follow the Government instructions and do not visit the Club if you have symptoms of Covid 19 or if you have been in contact with someone with the virus.
Our procedures will evolve in time. I want to see how busy the Club gets before going back to 18 holes (going in 1s and 2s, it will reduce availability at busy times and I want to make sure everyone gets a game). Government recommendations may change as well, so I will keep in touch with everyone regularly.